North of Knudson Cove Marina
Chinook Shores Lodge is looking to hire a handyman/groundskeeper to help maintain a four acre property in Ketchikan Alaska. Salary dependent upon experience.
Submit your job application online!
Job Description and Summary
- Handyman’s role covers a variety of duties that involve fixing and repairing property and equipment at the fishing lodge. This includes, but is not limited to, general maintenance, boat maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness in the organization to ensure that facilities and equipment are in good shape at all times for our guests.
- Acknowledges and greets guests in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting
- Maintenance and service of boats including power washing, changing oil and changing props
- Provides light carpentry, painting and maintenance work as needed
- Must be able to work off a 14′ ladder to clean gutters, change light bulbs and check water tank levels
- Hauls building supplies, equipment, trash and other items as necessary
- May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor
- Dockhand: Read dockhand job description…
- Groundskeeper: Read groundskeeper job description here…
The qualities, including skills, knowledge, and abilities required for lodge handyman to perform tasks effectively include:
- Being highly observant – notice what needs to be done without being told
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Good time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Security and safety consciousness
- Have a positive attitude, good human relations and enjoy working with the public
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must enjoy fishing
Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient at:
- Boat handling, mooring and boat trailer towing skills – must be able to launch and pull boats
- Basic outboard motor operation and maintenance skills – flushing, oil changes, greasing and prop changes
- Must enjoy fishing
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates with marina, boating and fishing experience
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While no specific weight limit is imposed, it is helpful to be in fair physical condition and able to lift at least 50 lbs. Safety standards, stressful deadlines, and consistent marina activity are staples of this job. The worker is also expected to be able to function in any type of weather condition which can range from 80 degrees and sunny to torrential down pour and rain.