What is included in a self-guided or unguided fishing trip?
North of Knudson Cove Marina, self-guided anglers depart Chinook Shores Lodge for a day of fishing in Clover Pass.
Self-guided, unguided or bare boat fishing packages are designed for anglers with some power boating and fishing experience. These packages are typically less expensive than deluxe guided fishing packages, and allow anglers to fish on their own schedules, coming and going from Chinook Shores Lodge as they please.
Self-Guided and Unguided Fishing Packages Include:
- Accommodations: Private beach houses with dock access. All beach houses have full kitchens with refridgerator, dishwasher, range, outdoor BBQ among other conveniences of home including cable TV, WiFi and cell phone coverage.
- Rental Boats: 20-21′ aluminum with 140hp engines and kickers. All boats are equipped with GPS chartplotters, fishfinders and downriggers.
- VHF Radios
- Boat Orientation: Equipment overview and map of the area (Clover Pass and Behm Canal)
- Rods and Reels: For fishing Alaska salmon, halibut, lingcod and other bottom fish.
- Anchor (For Alaska Halibut Fishing)
- Starter Tackle Box: Includes leaders, lead weighs, flashers, hoochies, pliers, fillet knife, swivels, pen
- Fish Processing: Filleting and commercial grade vacuum packing.
Chinook Shores Lodge is located within the protected waters of Alaska’s Inside Passage. The owners live at the lodge and are available from dawn until dusk to answer any questions. Enjoy all the benefits of self-guided fishing with the peace of mind in knowing that help is nearby should you need assistance.
Self-Guided and Unguided Fishing Packages DO NOT Include:
- Travel Costs: Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, Alaska Marine Highway System or any other form of mass transit.
- Bait and Lures: We start each self-guided angler with a starter tackle box. Anything beyond the “basic tackle” necessary for salmon and halibut fishing, may be purchased at our lodge store.
- Fuel: On the average, our self-guided boats burn about 10 gallons of fuel each day.
- Fishing Licenses: Available online at the the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
- Other: Personal expenses due to cancelled flights.