Self Guided Boats
Bareboat Fishing, Unguided Fishing or Self-Guided Fishing… No matter what you call it, Ketchikan offers anglers some of the best fishing around.
Our Self Guided Alaska Fishing Fleet Can’t Be Beat!
We shopped around to find the perfect self-guided boats for fishing in Southeast Alaska and we found them. Our custom built 21′ Silver Streak hardtops and North River’s rugged 20′ Seahawk are ideal for unguided fishing the waters of Inside Passage, Clover Pass and Beam Canal. The Seahawk has a variable pitched welded aluminum hull that starts out steep in the bow and flattens out in the stern. This provides for a smooth ride with lots of stability and it is a very safe boat. These boats will safely handle much heavier seas than the average operator.
Our unguided Alaska fishing boats can seat six people and will fish four rods. The canvas top, welded windshield and helm steering will keep you and your gear dry all day.
We have five (5) 21′ and two (2) 20′ self guided boats rigged with the following equipment:
- All USCG required life jackets, safety equipment & anchor with 400 feet of rope
- 115-hp or 140-hp 4-stroke outboard main engine & 8-hp kicker
- Garmin GPSMAP 541 color GPS chart plotter / Sounder, VHF Radio
- Two downriggers with 10-lb balls, Scotty release clips, gaff, net & halibut harpoon
- 8′ medium action salmon rods & Penn GT2 320 reels with 25-lb Izorline mono
- 5′ heavy action halibut rods & Penn Senator 113H reels with 100-lb Spectra
- Fishing tackle including snelled hook leaders, flashers, lead weights and halibut hooks
- Crab pots are available upon request
- Bait and fuel are not included but are available at Chinook Shores
Our fleet is second to none!
Silver Streaks Can’t Be Beat!
We have two (2) 21′ North River Seahawks for couples or 2-person groups.
North River Seahawk headed to the fishing grounds near Chinook Shores Lodge in Ketchikan, Alaska.