Looking for a great recipe for your Memorial Day outdoor BBQ celebration? Why not grill up some Alaska salmon burgers!
8 to 10 oz. skinless, boneless salmon
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup thick barbecue sauce
1 cup fresh bread crumbs (about 2 slices of bread)
4 cheese slices, if desired
4 hamburger buns or rolls
Drain salmon thoroughly, squeezing out excess moisture. In bowl, flake salmon with fork. Add egg, onion, barbecue sauce and bread crumbs. Blend thoroughly until mixture is almost smooth.
Divide and form mixture into 4 patties. Preheat broiler/oven or grill to medium-high heat. Place patties on spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled perforated grill rack, set 4 to 5 inches from heat. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add cheese slices, if desired. Serve on buns or rolls.
Cook’s tip: For Hawaiian salmon burgers, substitute teriyaki sauce for barbecue sauce, and top with grilled pineapple slices.
Nutrients per serving: 488 calories, 18g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 34% of calories from fat, 130mg cholesterol, 34g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1496mg sodium, 484mg calcium and 1900mg omega-3 fatty acids.
Recipe Courtesy of ASMI
View More Seafood Recipes…
- Border Grill Grilled Alaska Halibut Tacos with Cucumber Citrus Salsa
- Alaska Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa and Avacado Cream
- Citrus-Battered Alaska Fish Tacos with Creamy Garlic Lime Slaw
- Poached Alaska Cod Tacos
- Wild Alaska Salmon with Ginger Sauce and Spiralized Veggies
- Valentine’s Day Edition: Why We Love King Salmon and Other Hot Topics
- Alaska Cod Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
- Alaska Salmon Steaks with Orange-Avocado Salad
- Spicy Alaska Halibut Stew
- Alaska Salmon with Vegetable-Bread Stuffing
- Sweet-Smoky-Spicy Silver Salmon Rub
- Silver Salmon Seasoning Recipes
- Quick Alaska Salmon Chowder
- Alaska Halibut Caprese Salad Bites
- Alaska Seafood Cioppino
- Alaska Smoked Salmon Summer Pasta Salad
- Alaska Halibut Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- Grilled Alaska King Crab with Tabasco® Aioli
- Alaska Smoked Salmon Panini
- Grilled Alaska Salmon with Avocado and Papaya Spinach Salad
- Alaska Salmon Burgers