Chinook Shores Lodge 12 passenger van in Ketchikan, Alaska.
Submit your job application online!
Job Description and Summary
- Transport Chinook Shores Lodge guests to and from airport and downtown Ketchikan in a safe and courteous manner at all times.
- Greet arriving and departing guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Assist guests with luggage and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Note: Lodge vehicles include a Ford E350 12-passenger van, Chevy 12-passenger van and Ford F150 full size truck.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- This is the primary driver for fishing lodge, working with customers and guests, primarily pickup and delivery to lodge and airport.
- Be able to work random shifts, managing a route that will accommodate an ‘ondemand’ schedule.
- Act as a positive representative of Chinook Shores Lodge. Work using tact and understanding of the travel and hospitality industry.
- Communicates with Chinook Shores Lodge upon disruption of service or flight cancellations.
- Clean and refuel vehicles.
- Report all vehicle repairs, and / or any unsafe or hazardous situations immediately to your supervisor.
- Be flexible and available for special occasions, and special schedules.
- Must consistently display and model the Chinook Shores Lodge hospitality behavior models.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drivers License
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Use of Good Judgement, Safety and Security
- Demonstrated Attendance, Punctuality and Dependability
- Demonstrated Professionalism
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees
Other Skills and Abilities
‘Excellent’ motor vehicle driving record, with no accidents or more than one moving violation in three years.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift a 50lb box.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be enrolled in a random drug testing through the term of employment.