Job Description and Summary
- Guiding is a service industry. Our guide applicants are required to be helpful, sincere and positive attitude. Even though all of our applicants share a passion for fishing, that does not necessarily make one an excellent guide. A skilled guide is one who is able to communicate with their clients, passing on their knowledge and skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Guides are required to have a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) First Aid and CPR card
- Guides are required to have an applicable US Coast Guard License
- Routinely operate, 28′ Shamrock, 21′ Silver Streak and 20′ North River boats
- Refuel boats at Knudson Cover Marina, ensuring safe fuelling procedures
- Comply with instructions or duties as may be reasonably assigned
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Such qualities qualifications include:
- A broad knowledge of marina operations, boat hauling, boat handling and towing, and equipment maintenance
- Proven skills or the willingness to be trained in administration, seamanship, communication, health and safety, plant and equipment maintenance and marina operations
- Familiarity with common marina operational documentation (e.g. agreements, contracts, terms and conditions, marina rules and regulations etc.)
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently and relate well to customers in the leisure environment and the ability to manage and motivate staff
- Commercial awareness and an eye for detail in all aspects of work
- High standards of presentation and accuracy in written work
- Proficient swimmer
- Full driving licence
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Must pass random drug screening tests
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.