Boat selected specifically for travelers, tourists and anglers to who love fishing and wildlife viewing in the Ketchikan areas of Knudson Cove and Clover Pass.
KETCHIKAN, ALASKA / February 14, 2019 – Chinook Shores Lodge, a premier Southeast Alaska fishing lodge specializing in guided charters and self-guided fishing, today announced the purchase of a Defiance 270 Admiral EX to support its sport fishing fleet.
“Although we specialize in self-guided fishing boat rentals, our guests often enjoy guided charters for fishing and wildlife viewing during their stay,” said lodge owner Jeff Wedekind. “I researched extensively before committing to the purchase of another boat, and I believe this will serve our clients’ needs and help satisfy the demand for charters and tours in Ketchikan, Alaska.” The features and benefits of our new boat include:
- HUGE FISH BOXES: Our guests love to catch fish — large, insulated fish boxes are essential.
- EFFICIENT DESIGN & COMFORT: Our guests enjoy a comfortable ride — space age composite materials, reverse chines and lifting strakes allow this boat to plane easily and run efficiently while providing stability at rest.
- WAVE CRUSHING RIDE: A sharp 60 degree entry in the bow and 22 degree stern provide a smooth ride through choppy seas.
- UNSINKABLE SAFETY: Many boats over 20′ in length have no foam flotation, our newest guide boat is foam filled to provide added safety and peace of mind for our customers.
The Defiance 270 Admiral EX, appropriately named AFISHINADO, will be reserved for lodge guests and operated by Captain Jeff Wedekind who has fished the waters surrounding Knudson Cove and Clover Passage since he was a little boy in the 1980’s. The lodge’s other guide boat, PURA VIDA, will be operated by Captain Soren Heinecke who has been a lodge favorite for the past five years. Both captains are extremely knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic about fishing and power boating in Ketchikan. Chinook Shores Lodge 2019 fleet includes:
- DEFIANCE 270 ADMIRAL EX: Afishinado w/ Captain Jeff Wedekind
- SHAMROCK 270 MACKINAW: Pura Vida w/ Captain Soren Heinecke
- RENTALS: 23′ CUSTOM-BUILT SILVER STEAK BOATS:
- White Lightning
- Blue Phantom
- Red Rooster
- Green Hornet
- Orange Crush
- Captain America
- Goldie Lox
- RENTALS: 20′ NORTH RIVER SEAHAWKS:
- Blue North
- White North
“I’m always excited for sport fishing season, and this year I’ll be looking forward to enjoying a little more time on the fishing grounds and waters surrounding Knudson Cove, Clover Pass and Prince of Whales Island,” Wedekind added.
About Chinook Shores Lodge Alaska Fishing Lodge, Chinook Shores, is located 15 miles north of Ketchikan International Airport in Southeast Alaska. Accommodations include private waterfront beach houses with full amenities, private dock access, self-guided fishing boats, Alaska charter fishing, quality controlled fish processing and fish packaging services. For more information, visit: www.chinookshores.com. Follow Jeff’s Blog, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter and YouTube.
About Defiance Marine
Located in Bremerton, Defiance Marine is the Western Washington’s Premier Fishing and Boating Outfitter. For more information, visit: www.defiancemarine.com.