Chinook Shores Lodge Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Like everyone else, we have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) on a daily basis. With any luck, flu seasons will be over before we start operating this summer; however, we will work even harder to ensure that we meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning as we approach the June opening of our lodge. Chinook Shores Lodge health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest house and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps we are taking include:
Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our employees – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our employees are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Workforce Training: In addition to routine lodge operations training we have adopted OSHA-based guidance and prevention measures for our company and employees.
- Real Time Information: Chinook Shores Lodge has linked to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the latest news and information employees can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19. In addition, management is on standby 24/7 to support and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- EPA Approved Cleaning Products: Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox Commercial Solutions, Clorox Disinfecting Spray, Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist, Lysol brand Clean and Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner, Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes. We also use Bleach and Rubbing Alcohol.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure our lodge can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Our lodge uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Houses: Our lodge cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the vehicle door hands and seat belts, the lodge check-in counter, lodge door handles, bathrooms fixtures and even boat dashboards and steering consoles.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our employees work and live “behind the scenes,” we will increase the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, break rooms, public bathrooms, laundry rooms, public spaces and living quarters.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19, we will immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and employees. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the lodge as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay.