Seasonal live-in position is available April 1 – October 1
Job Description and Summary
- Our housekeeper cook will have the same responsibilities as other housekeepers but with the added responsibility of preparing delicious meals for a household of 4-6 people. He/she will take care of the house, ensuring that it is always neat and clean. Special attention is paid to serving nutritious and healthy family meals and the more experienced cook would also be asked to prepare BBQ dinners for groups of 12 people.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Clearing away, tidying and cleaning the kitchen and rooms where food is eaten.
- Presenting menus for approval and discussing daily requirements with employer or house manager .
- Preparing grocery shopping list and placing orders for kitchen supplies
- Maintaining stock control
- Keeping kitchen pots, pans and work surfaces clean and in good condition
- Ensuring refrigerator is clean and out-of-date items discarded
- Tidying and cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas
- Polishing furniture, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Cleaning windows and sweeping porches
- Making beds and washing linens
- Feeding and exercising pets
- Keeping patios, pathways and steps clean and tidy
- Watering household plants
- Carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Wages depend upon on experience, culinary credentials and number of work hours.
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.