Job Description and Summary
- The Operations Manager is a key member of the management team and oversees high-level duties such as; managing quality assurance programs, supervising, hiring, and training employees, monitoring existing processes and analyzing their effectiveness, creating strategies to improve productivity and efficiency and all that it takes to help the company achieve 100% customer satisfaction from sunrise to sunset.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Manage marine facility and retail store at Alaska fishing lodge.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership for the organization, ensuring that each and every customer is provided with excellent customer service.
- Assist in making important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures — keeping the company operations manual current and employees informed at all times.
- Oversee all aspects of lodge operations including: guest transport, guest check-in, boat inventory and tackle setup, boat orientation and boater safety, Alaska fish regulations and dock education, fish processing, grounds keeping, and crew safety.
- Prepare daily-staffing sheets (flight manifests, shuttle schedules, housekeeping notes, guide assignments, retail and supply inventory.
- Assist with the daily maintenance operations of the building
- Oversee the company’s environmental performance to determine and where improvements can be made.
- Recommend sustainable products, eliminate unnecessary waste, control pollution and manage recycling programs.
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues at all levels related to the business.
- Identify and address challenges and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with local business, vendors, partners and other organizations.
- Help promote a company culture that fosters teamwork, encourages top performance and high morale.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform. This employee must understand and shape company policies and procedures, and follow them at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with facility coordination and direct employee supervision.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Willingness to work beyond normal business hours as required, including but not limited to nights, weekends and holidays.
- A broad knowledge of lodge and marina operations.
- An understanding of e-commerce, retail and the importance of providing excellent customer service.
- Communications and influencing skills, verbal and written.
- High standards of presentation and accuracy in written work.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and/or work with a team.
- Maintain a strong work ethic at all times while demonstrating organizational skills, time management and the ability to handle a complex and varied workload.
- A good understanding of PC’s, software and apps. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Microsoft Office, WhenIWork.com, LodgeRunner.com and OnUpKeep.com.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a combination of garage work and outdoor work. It also requires climbing, stooping, bending and kneeling for prolonged periods. The position requires nearly constant standing or walking, along with continuous contact and communication with customers. Position requires the ability to maintain a high level of energy, optimism and dedication. While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Is frequently exposed to moderate noise levels with loud engine noise. Ear plugs are provided and required when working around loud equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, and kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds above shoulder level without assistance.
- Able to push and pull heavy loads – 50 pound minimum.
- Must pass random drug screening tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, facility management or other related field preferred
- Valid Alaska driver’s license
- First Aid & CPR certificate
- Proficiency in English language with college-level writing ability