Job Description and Summary
- Fish processors are responsible for converting raw fish products into a processed, high quality product for charter and lodge guests. Processors sort fish by species, tend and operate machines, hand fillet whole fish and inspect the product to meet standards of quality. Processors are also responsible for packaging, weighing, labeling, placing the product into freezers, cleaning equipment and performing other duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Clean, scrap, trim and fillet product.
- Segregate product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size, and place product in containers or on designated conveyors.
- Discard cull (inferior or defective) items and foreign matter.
- Pack product in boxes, totes or crates for storage or shipment.
- Operate machine(s) to move live or packed seafood from place to place.
- Review workspace for cleanliness and safety.
- Participates in drills, required safety training, and any other company required courses.
- Complying with instructions or duties as may be reasonably assigned
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Such qualities qualifications include:
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently and relate well to customers in the leisure environment and the ability to manage and motivate staff
- Commercial awareness and an eye for detail in all aspects of work
- High standards of presentation and accuracy in written work
- Proficient swimmer
- Full driving licence
- High school diploma (or working toward one)
- Valid driver’s license
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.