WELCOME TO KETCHIKAN
SELF-GUIDED (UNGUIDED) AND GUIDED KETCHIKAN FISHING CHARTERS FOR SALMON AND HALIBUT
Chinook Shores was designed around a fisherman’s dream – A dream of going to the perfect fishing destination and having everything you could possibly need to have the trip of a lifetime on your own terms, your own schedule and fishing in your own self guided boat.
Our unique approach to guided charter fishing personalizes your Alaska fishing trip to suit your needs. Our fishing boats and private lodge accommodations are exclusive to your group so you lodge and fish with the friends and family that you came with. Ketchikan salmon fishing and Ketchikan halibut fishing can be done the same day on our full day guided charters.
AN AMAZING SOUTHEAST ALASKA FISHING LODGE
EXPERIENCE… ONE EASY FLIGHT FROM SEATTLE
Chinook Shores’ Alaska fishing lodge is located in southeast Alaska about 15 miles north of Ketchikan in Knudson Cove on the road system. Getting here is easy, you can fly from Seattle to Ketchikan in less than two hours on Alaskan Airlines. We’ll drive you to the lodge and you can start enjoying Alaska salmon and halibut fishing that same day. Our accommodations consist of five private beach houses with decks overlooking Knudson Cove.
When you book a Ketchikan fishing vacation at Chinook Shores’ Alaska fishing lodge:
- Your group will be staying in a private beach front Chalet with full amenities.
- Your boat is conveniently located in front of your chalet at our private dock.
- You’ll fish calm water in first class self-guided or guided boats exclusive to your group.
- You’ll simply take one short flight from Seattle to Ketchikan to get here.
- You’ll save hundreds, if not thousands on expensive air fare.
- Choose from unguided fishing or guided or both.
Ketchikan Alaska is known as the “Salmon Capital of the World” and is famous for huge runs of salmon, calm water halibut fishing, and many species of rockfish. You don’t have to go far (15-30 minutes) to get into some truly awesome fishing. Whether you’re unguided fishing in our 23′ bare-boats or guided fishing with a charter captain in our 30′ charter boat, you can enjoy sameday combination salmon, halibut and rockfish trips. Some days the best salmon fishing is just five minutes away from our dock.
There are several rivers and creeks located within boating or driving distance from our fishing lodge. These fresh water systems are great for steelhead, trout, salmon and black bear viewing depending on what time of year you fish them. We don’t provide freshwater spinning rods, fly rods or waders but if you bring your own and want to spend a day on the river, we can show you where to go.
Our Alaska fishing lodge consists of five waterfront beach chalets and can accommodate up to 32 people at one time.
Enjoy amazing views and sunsets from the deck of your private beach house.
Our charter fishing boats and unguided fishing boats are all easily accessible from our private dock located in front of the beach houses. Our facilities and boats are so convenient and well maintained and our staff is so helpful, you won’t have to worry about a thing.
How do we differ from other lodges? We offer:
- CONCIERGE SERVICE: Your booking agent, Nadra Angerman, is not a salesperson, she was born in Ketchikan and grew up fishing in the waters of Southeast Alaska. She knows what it takes to get you here and assure that you have a great time!
- SALTY CREW: Our lodge was built from the ground by Jeff Wedekind and has been owner operated since 2005. Additionally, we have friendly and competent staff on site to assist you with the rental boat, fishing gear and fish processing any time that you need it.
- INDEPENDENT TRAVEL BASECAMP: Our operations Manager McKinley Kellogg runs a tight ship and her crew is here to help you during your stay at Chinook Shores Lodge, but you call the shots.
- FISHING FREEDOM: Unguided fishing trips let you fish on your own schedule from our private dock access when you decide to take a break or call it a day, you can return to your beach house to enjoy all of the comforts of home.
KETCHIKAN ALASKA FISHING VACATIONS ARE GREAT FOR FAMILIES
What are you waiting for? It doesn’t get any better than this – just ask any of our returning guests. We are happy to provide personal references and most of our guests just love to reminisce about their Alaska fishing vacations to Chinook Shores.
“At Chinook Shores we know what’s important to our fishermen – Excellent fishing, calm water, first class boats and equipment, friendly knowledgeable guides, comfortable accommodations, and easy access – all at an affordable price.”
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE ALASKA CHARTER ASSOCIATION (ACA), NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CHARTER OPERATORS (NACO), KETCHIKAN ALASKA VISITORS BUREAU, KETCHIKAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND THE ALASKA TRAVEL INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION.
Alaska Fish and Game Opens Ketchikan Creek to Sport Fishing Ketchikan Creek is open to sport fishing for all species, including king salmon,...
People want to come to Alaska, it is the trip of a lifetime. September is the fall silver salmon run and self-guided anglers are crazy about our cohos — after all, Ketchikan is the salmon capital of the world,” said Nadra Angerman.
SHOP FOR GROCERIES Together the companies aim to provide excellent service to Ketchikan visitors while keeping locals healthy by minimizing the risk...