Order the COVID-19 At-Home Test Kit TodayTake the COVID-19 Test 72-Hours Prior to Departure
Alaska has removed the 14-day quarantine requirement for travelers who can show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained 72 hours before arriving in Alaska. Other travelers will have the option to be tested on arrival (subject to availability), or they may adhere to the previously mandated 14-day quarantine.
All persons entering Alaska from another state or country must complete a Traveler Declaration Form, and one of these four options:
- Arrive with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours and present results upon arrival; or
- Arrive with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken five (5) days before departure to Alaska, obtain a second COVID-19 PCR test when you arrive in Ketchikan, Alaska at the airport screening station and minimize interactions until the second test result is received and that test is negative; or
- Participate in a COVID-19 PCR test when you arrive in Alaska, and self-quarantine until negative results arrive; or
- Self-quarantine without participating in any outdoor activities at your expense for 14-days or the duration of your trip whichever is shorter.
Search for a COVID-19 Testing Site Online! This nationwide search tool is an easy way to locate a testing site nearest you.Arriving Alaska with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of flight is the preferred option.
What you need to know about Ketchikan’s COVID-19 testing:
- Ketchikan Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will offer testing at a screening station located in the airport ferry parking lot on the city-side from 7:30am to 10:30am and 4:30pm to 9:30pm. The EOC will also offer testing on Wednesday and Thursday at a screening station located at Cruise Ship Berth 3 from 11am to 1pm.
- TESTING IS FREE — there is no cost to the traveler for tests conducted at the Ketchikan EOC testing site.
- Test results are estimated to take 24-72 hours to process.
While traveling to Alaska:
- Wash your hands frequently and wipe down high touch surfaces.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet away from people outside your travel group.
- Wear a face covering indoors and whenever social distancing is a challenge.
For more information, visit Alaska’s Travel Information Page. The State of Alaska actively screens and monitors all travelers for public health and safety.