Meet Jeff Wedekind — Owner, Operator & Your Guide… and Your Captain.
- Alaska Charter Association (ACA) Board Member
- National Association of Charterboat Operators (NACO)
- Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce
- Ketchikan Visitors Bureau
- USCG 100 Ton Masters Captain License
- First Aid / CPR
- 15+ Years Experience as Licensed Sport Fishing Guide
- 30+ Years Experience Fishing in Southeast Alaska Waters
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from Oregon Institute of Technology
He attended Oregon Institute of Technology, returning to Alaska every year to pay for his college education by commercial fishing for salmon, halibut, black cod and king crab. Upon earning his B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Jeff returned to Alaska and continued to fish commercially until landing his first “desk job” were he worked as a civil engineer and managed several projects in Southeast Alaska which included building roads, city infrastructure and marine docks.
Jeff enjoyed his engineering job, but missed being out on the ocean. So, he decided to develop the land he inherited from his grandfather and establish what has now become known as Chinook Shores — an Alaska fishing lodge for guided and self-guided anglers.
McKinley demonstrates how to fillet a King Salmon (with a very dull knife)
Meet Our 2021 Crew
McKinley, Samadhi, Kara, Lily, Jacob, Alyssa & Kegan
Do you have what it takes to join our crew?
We are always accepting applications for hard-working employees who can multi-task and handle ever-changing shifts in an extremely dynamic environment. Submit your application online for consideration.