Job Description and Summary
- Dockhands and deckhands are responsible to maintain the cleanliness of Chinook Shores pier, float and boats and serving customers and guests by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Provides the highest level of customer service with a smile. Expedites all requests from guests including transport of patrons and baggage to and from dockside, delivery of ice, fishing equipment, coolers, etc.
- Routinely operates and fuels 21′ boats with outboard engines
- Assists guests in tying and untying boats, unloading fish and cleaning boats
- Give boat operation and orientation to guests when they check in
- Assist guests with operating downriggers and fishing reels, rigging tackle, tying knots and applying fishing techniques
- Assists in fish cleaning, vacuum packing, blast freezing and packaging operations
- Cleans and sanitizes fish processing facilities, boats and equipment
Required Qualifications and Qualities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Such qualities qualifications include:
- A broad knowledge of or the ability and will to learn salmon and halibut fishing techniques
- Basic knowledge of operating outboard motors and docking small boats
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently and relate well to customers
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and agile enough to frequently jump in and out of boats
- High school diploma (or some college)
- Valid driver’s license
- Level of English that allows communication with customers, guests and employees
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.